Monday, April 30, 2012

No rest for the positive people

Flight landed at 22:50 hours, all my luggage and my wheelchair are safe and sound. My dear friend picked me up from the airport,  and took me back to my car. As I sat there, in the car, it occurred to me that it was going to be 01:00 a.m. or later before I would got home and into bed. Moreover, I realized that it was soon going to be Monday and it is game on for the work week.

Today I am catching up on e-mails for work, doing final touches for the "TAP-it" conference this Thursday at the Great Regional River Library, St. Cloud, MN, doing laundry, and packing my car for the Wheelchair Plus Expo that I'm leaving for on Monday and speaking at on Tuesday in Grand Rapids, MN.

Over the years I have spent to much time wondering why I didn't win, etc. It has taken a lot of years but I have realized, not to do that; in fact, I know look at it this way:

Make a list and answer these questions
1) Did I give it everything I had?
2) Would I have changed anything, i.e., equipment, training, and if so, why and why do I feel it would make any difference?
3) What are the key things I learned from this past event?
4) Think about it for a few hours, not days or weeks, and then make a decision. Move on, don't pout, I hate pouting, even though I am good at it. Move on!

Make another list:
1) What do I need to do today, tomorrow, this week, for work and personal — prioritize such as:

  • Bills
  • Work
    • Clients
  • Personal Time
I use to dwell on what went wrong, now it is time to FOCUS on what went right, and what needs to be done; you can't change yesterday, but you sure as hell make a difference in today and make it a success.

Always Sitting Always in Motion

Aaron
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment